Based on the Gateway Films/Vision Video church history film series,
these six half-hour programs vividly bring to life the Reformation.
Christian History Institute
Payment: PayPal, Credit Card
Category: Videos & DVDs
Reformation Overview On DVD
1. John Wycliffe - Called the
"Morningstar," this courageous forerunner paved the way for momentous
changes to come. His teachings challenged the authorities, but they exiled
him, and his exile provided the opportunity for his monumental achievement
that has benefitted us all -- the Bible in English.
2. John Hus - He carried forth Wycliffe's groundbreaking work. His
passionate calls for reform brought him before the Council of Constance.
There he was betrayed by false accusations. He refused to capitulate and
was condemned to burn at the stake. He died singing.
3. Martin Luther - He wanted only the quiet solitude of the monastery.
There this guilt-burdened monk discovered the freedom of the Gospel. He
couldn't keep quiet about it, nor could he stop the relentless swirl of
events that propelled him to a decisive role in the shaping of the modern
4. Ulrich Zwingli and John Calvin - They led the Reformation in
Switzerland. Both capable scholars, they had to interpret the newly
recovered dimensions of the Gospel in the midst of a hurricane of change,
social chaos and fierce opposition. From Zurich and Geneva their writings
and developments would permeate the church worldwide.
5. The Anabaptists - Called "the Radicals," they were opposed by just
about everyone--Catholics, Protestants, and political leaders.
6. God's Outlaw: William Tyndale -For translating and circulating the
Bible in English. He was caught and Martyred.